Educational Policy for Course of Medical Sciences in Graduate School of Medicine, Gunma University (Doctoral Program)
Admission Policy －The Medical Sciences course is looking for the following candidates.－
Aims in Human Resources Development
Our program aims to cultivate scientists who will pursue medical science, medical ethics, and medical skills. We hope our graduates will integrate these pursuits and contribute to the progress of medical research and education, and become leaders in health care and medical science.
Attributes of Desired Candidate
We will accept students who wish to gain knowledge and skills in biomedical sciences through our program, and become highly-skilled professionals or researchers. Specifically, we will accept those who:
- strive to gain the ability to perform research independently based on high ethical values and profound academic knowledge.
- trive to contribute to the society in medical science, health care and welfare filed as highly-skilled professionals by making use of the knowledge and skills they acquired.
- strive to further develop the knowledge and skills they acquire, and continue to the PhD program to become researchers and/or educators in Biomedical Sciences field.
In order to enroll candidates consistent with our admission policy, we will comprehensively evaluatethe results of the entrance examination (English test and interview) and undergraduate academic transcripts. We offer October admission in addition to the traditional April admission to increase educational opportunity.
Curriculum Policy －The Medical Sciences course is doing the following education and research.－
Doctoral programs in our course of studies aim to train and develop researchers in advanced medicine and medical practitioners in possession of high ethical standards and excellent clinical skills. As such, our programs are designed specifically to meet the following learning objectives:
- Programs to master systematically basic knowledge and research skills indispensable for research in advanced biology and medicine, elucidation of pathogenesis of illnesses, and development of novel therapeutic strategies.
- Programs to acquire high ethical standards necessary for research and education in medical sciences and to experience social contribution activities.
- Programs to learn how to plan and conduct research autonomously, how to disseminate academic achievements worldwide, and to master professional knowledge and skills required for specific fields of medicine.
Diploma Policy －The Medical Sciences course grow the following candidates.－
We confer the degree of Doctor of Medical Sciences to candidates who have successfully fulfilled all graduation requirements and who have acquired the following abilities:
- The ability to contribute to global and local societies by playing an important role in medical research and practices, and in the area of social welfare with high ethical standards and a sense of mission.
- The ability to conduct advanced research and to educate researchers and practitioners in the medical sciences with wide and profound scholarly knowledge.
- The ability to elucidate pathogenesis of illnesses and to develop novel therapeutic strategies with excellent technical skills.