Educational Policy for Course of Biomedical Sciences in Graduate School of Medicine, Gunma University (Master’s Program)
Admission Policy －The Biomedical Sciences course is looking for the following candidates.－
Aims in Human Resources Development
Our program aims to cultivate scientists who will pursue medical science, medical ethics, and medical skills. We hope our graduates will integrate these pursuits and contribute to the progress of medical research and education, and become leaders in health care and medical science.
Attributes of Desired Candidate
We will accept students who wish to gain knowledge and skills in biomedical sciences through our program, and become highly-skilled professionals or researchers. Specifically, we will accept those who:
- strive to gain the ability to perform research independently based on high ethical values and profound academic knowledge.
- strive to contribute to the society in medical science, health care and welfare filed as highly-skilled professionals by making use of the knowledge and skills they acquired.
- strive to further develop the knowledge and skills they acquire, and continue to the PhD program to become researchers and/or educators in Biomedical Sciences field.
In order to enroll candidates consistent with our admission policy, we will comprehensively evaluate the results of the entrance examination (English test and interview) and undergraduate academic transcripts. We offer October admission in addition to the traditional April admission to increase educational opportunity.
Curriculum Policy －The Biomedical Sciences course is doing the following education and research.－
The Biomedical Sciences course which is interdisciplinary region between life sciences and medical sciences is doing the following education and research.
- Promoting the elucidation of biological processes from a medical perspective, and to do the systematic education in area of Biomedical Sciences who will deliver new forms of medical care not only diagnoses and treatments, but also the promotion of good health and improved quality of life.
- After proceeding fundamental knowledge of life sciences/medical sciences/ medical treatments, basic techniques and morals that we need, applicable and practical knowledge that is appropriate to the research project or the student’s career options after earning a Master’s Degree.
- The knowledge needed to propose, implement and apply a research project and techniques for presenting research result will be acquired. Also, research will be carried in a specialized field and the research outcome will be compiled as a thesis for growing the leader.
Diploma Policy －The Biomedical Sciences course grow the following candidates.－
We grow the person who are based on the deep moral and knowledge and have a skill of self- research though our education. We will be prized the diploma the following person who fulfill the graduated terms that we made.
- People who proceeded the special knowledge and advanced skill that could be active by life sciences, medical sciences, medical treatments and medical welfare.
- People who can participate the research taking the leadership in Biomedical Sciences course.