Obstetrics and Gynecology
The elucidation of pathophysiology and physiological mechanism on reproductive medicine, perinatology, and gynecologic oncology, are the purposes of the reproductive medicine and gynecology course. Using the molecular biology techniques, the graduate students are able to master the advanced assay techniques and how to handle the biomaterials for the most suitable preparation of DNA, RNA and proteins to various experiments. In succeeding human FSH and LH receptor gene cloning, we are investigating their downstream signal transduction pathways, and their relation of sex maturation and abnormality.
|Professor||IWASE Akira, M.D.,Ph.D.|
|HIRAKAWA Takashi, M.D.,Ph.D|
|Assistant Professor||KAMEDA Takashi, M.D.,Ph.D|
|IKEDA Sadatomo, M.D.,Ph.D.|
|KITAHARA Yoshikazu, M.D.,Ph.D.|
|Assistant Professor||INOUE Maki, M.D.,Ph.D|
|KOGURE Kayoko, M.D.,Ph.D|
|NISHIMURA Toshio, M.D.,Ph.D.|
Research & Education
In reproductive medicine field, the relation with human FSH receptor and LH receptor abnormality, and the disease, e.g. precocious puberty, are investigated. We are also studying about relation between ovarian response and FSH receptor polymorphisms with human samples. In gynecologic oncology field, the followings are investigated: mutation analyses of some tumor suppressor genes; cloning of disease related genes; ovarian cancer gene therapy. In perinatal medicine field, amnion culture system has been established in our group, and the correlation between adrenomedullin and abnormal pregnancy is investigated.
The medical school: Reproductive physiology, reproductive endocrinology, physiology of pregnancy and parturition, pathophysiology, diagnoses and therapy of gynecology are lectured. On the basis of the experimental medicine such as endocrinology and pathology, students can understand reproductive physiology and disease state of the woman, etc., and they can reach the accurate diagnosis and treatment.
The graduate school: The graduate students are researching to discover new biologically active substance and elucidate hormonal effect and interaction on hypothalamus-hypophysis-ovary pathway at molecular level. The correlation between hormones and their receptors, and between hormone receptor structure and function are now our main themes. The ovulation mechanism, hormone and cell growth factor in cancer cells, and cytokine and uterine contraction of pregnancy are also studied.
In clinical field, the doctors are arranged to three specialist groups; perinatal medicine, gynecologic oncology, and reproductive medicine group. We are bearing in mind to give optimum medical treatment to each patient. In reproductive medicine, the medical level of in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer including the micro-fertilization is reaching top class in Japan. In perinatal medicine, the medical levels of management of gestational diabetes complicated with pregnancy and multiple pregnancy is quite satisfactory. In gynecologic oncology, clinical researches are carried out to minimal invasions which do not hurt the QOL of the patients, while multimodal therapy which appropriately combined operation, chemotherapy and radiotherapy is carried out. The cooperation between radiology, internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, urology is also close, and medical integration with the high specialty is established.
1. Kato N, Iwase A, Ishida C, Nagai T, Mori M, Bayasula, Nakamura T, Osuka S, Ganiyeva U,Qin Y, Miki R, Kikakawa F. Upregulation of FGFs caused by HAND2 suppression in endometriotic cells: a possible therapeutic target in endometriosis. Reprod Sci. 26(7) : 979-987, 2019
2. Shimizu K, Nakamura T, Bayasula, Nakanishi N, Kasahara Y, Nagai T, Osuka S, Goto M, Iwase A, Kikakawa F. Molecular mechanism of FSHR expression induced by BMP15 in human granulosa cells. J Assist Reprod Genet. 36(6) : 1185-1194, 2019
3. Nguyen XP, Nakamura T, Osuka S, Bayasula, Nakanishi N, Kasahara Y, Muraoka A, Hayashi S, Nagai T, Murase T, Goto M, Iwase A, Kikkawa F. Effect of the Neuropeptide Phoenixin and Its Receptor GPRl73 During Folliculogenesis. Reproduction. 158(1) : 25-34, 2019
4. Mizuno M, Miki R, Moriyama Y, Ushida T, Imai K, Niimi K, Nakano T, Tsuda H, Sumigama S, Yamamoto E, Senga T, Iwase A, Kikkawa F, Kotani T. The role of E2F8 in the human placenta. Mol Med Rep. 19(1) : 239-301, 2019
5. Osuka S, Nakanishi N, Murase T, Nakamura T, Goto M, Iwase A, Kikkawa F. Animal models of polycystic ovary syndrome: A review of hormone-induced rodent models focused on hypothalamus-pituitary-ovary axis and neuropeptides. Reprod Med Biol. 18(2) : 151-160, 2019
6. Qin Y, Iwase A, Murase T, Bayasula, Ishida C, Kato N, Nakamura T, Osuka S, Takikawa S,Goto M,Kotani T, Kikkawa F Protective effects of mangafodipir against chemotherapy-induced ovarian damage in mice. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 16(1) : 106, 2018
7. Kigure K, Nakamura K, Kitahara Y, Nakao K, Hirakawa T, Rokukawa S, Ito M, Nishimura T, Ito I, Kagami I, Itoga S. An electrical scalpel conization versus Shimodaira-Taniguchi conization procedure for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. Medicine (Baltimore). 97(41) : e12640, 2018
8. Ohno T, Noda SE, Murata K, Yoshimoto Y, Okonogi N, Ando K, Tamaki T, Kato S, Hirakawa T, Kartuma T, Minegishi T, Nakano T; Working Group for Gynecologic Cancer. Phase I Study of Carbon Ion Radiotherapy and Image-Guided Brachytherapy for Locally Advanced Cervical Cancer. Cancers. 10(9) : 338, 2018
9. Tumenjargal A, Tokue H, Kishi H, Hirasawa H, Taketomi-Takahashi A, Tsushima Y. Uterine Artery Embolization Combined with Dilation and Curettage for the Treatment of Cesarean Scar Pregnancy : Efficacy and Future Fertility. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 41(8) : 1165-1173, 2018
10. Imai K, Kotani T, Tsuda H, Nakano T, Ushida T, Iwase A, Nagai T, Toyokuni S, Suzumura A, Kikkawa F. Administration of molecular hydrogen during pregnancy improves behavioral abnormalities of offspring in a maternal immune activation model. Sci Rep. 8(1) : 9221, 2018
11. Osuka S, Iwase A, Goto M, Takikawa S, Murase T, Nakamura T, Kato N, Bayasula, Kotani T, Kikkawa F. Thyroid autoantibodies do not impair ovarian reserve in euthyroid infertile women: a cross-sectional study. Horm Metab Res. 50(7) : 537-542, 2018
12. Komatsu K, Iwase A, Murase T, Masubuchi S. Ovarian Tissue Culture to Visualiza Penomena in Mouse Ovary. J Vis Exp. (136) : e57794, 2018
13. Nakano T, Kotani T, Imai K, Iitani Y, Ushida T, Tsuda H, Li H, Iwase A,Toyokuni S, Kikkawa F. Effect of molecular hydrogen on uterine inflammation during preterm labor. Biomed Rep. 8(5) : 454-460, 2018
14. Nakao K, Hirakawa T, Suwa H, Kogure K, Ikeda S, Yamashita S, Minegishi T, Kishi H. High Expression of Ubiquitin C-terminal Hydrolase L1 Is Associated With Poor Prognosis in Endometrial Cancer Patients. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 28(4) : 675-683, 2018
15. Belli M, Iwata N, Nakamura T, Iwase A, Stupack D, Shimasaki S. FOXL2C134W- induced CYP19 expression via cooperation with SMAD3 in HGrC1 cells.
Endocrinology. 159(4): 1690-1703, 2018
16. Murase T, Iwase A, Komatsu K, Nakamura T, Osuka S, Takikawa S, Goto M, Kotani T, Kikkawa F. Follicle dynamics: visualization and analysis of follicle growth and maturation using murine ovarian tissue culture. J Assist Reprod Genet. 35(2) : 339-343, 2018
17. Nakao K, Banno H, Kondo T, Hirabuki S, Sasaki H, Hoshiba T. Simultaneous resection of endometrial cancer and high-level paraaortic paraganglioma using retroperitoneoscopic surgery. Gynecol Oncol Rep. 25():122-124, 2018
18. Iwase A, Osuka S, Goto M, Murase T, Nakamura T, Takikawa S, Kikkawa F. Clinical application of serum anti-Müllerian hormone as an ovarian reserve marker: a review of recent studies. J Obstet Gynecol Res. 44(6) : 998-1006, 2018
19. Nakamura T, Murase T, Osuka S, Goto M, Iwase A. The regulation of ovarian follicular growth by anti-Müllerian hormone. J Mamm Ova Res. 35(1) : 13-19, 2018
20. Higeta D, Yamaguchi R, Takagi T, Nishimura G, Sameshima K, Saito K, Minegishi T. Familial campomelic dysplasia due to maternal germinal mosaicism. Congenit Anom (Kyoto). 58(6): 194-197, 2018
1944 ~ 1950 Prof. Naotaro Shimizu
1950 ~ 1958 Prof. Minoru Umezawa
1958 ~ 1972 Prof. Seiichi Matsumoto
1973 ~ 1991 Prof. Masao Igarashi
1991 ~ 2000 Prof. Yoshito Ibuki
2000 ~ 2017 Prof. Takashi Minegishi
2018 ~ until today Prof. Akira IWASE